Monday, April 4, 2016

We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet

I'm a little bit jealous that you all get to listen to General Conference right now..but I get to watch it this coming Saturday and Sunday and we're downloading the sessions in English so we can listen to it in English. I'm so grateful for the opportunity we have to listen to a living day prophet and apostles. My testimony and appreciation for our prophet has grown so much stronger. As we talk to many other people from other churches, it's definitely something that sets us apart. Earlier this week we taught a couple named Mamata and Malakai. We started teaching lesson one and it was a bit rough at first cause they weren't really talking and we were trying to follow the Spirit to have them open up but they didn't seem very interested, especially Malakai. When we got to talking about prophets we felt impressed right then to talk about the living prophet on the Earth today. Malakai, who had been looking down most of the lesson, looked up. I pulled out a picture of the prophet and as we explained how there is a prophet on the Earth that leads the church of Christ, they couldn't help but stare in amazement. We invited them to General Conference and they agreed to come! I'm so blessed to be a part of this gospel. I know this church is lead by God through our prophet, Thomas S Monson. 

Sister Betteridge and I get to travel to Tonga tomorrow for Missionary Leadership Conference! Sister Tupou called us last week to be Sister Training Leaders. Again, humbled by the opportunity. I'm so excited cause that means I get to go to the temple again! I'm so looking forward to it :) 

Mateaki, our investigator (12 years old) came to church on Sunday! His sister, Ofa, has been a strong member ever since she was little. We've talked to the mom a lot (less active) and she has expressed her desire in coming back to church, but the dad is a bit stubborn. So we're working on their family. I'm excited to see the miracles that I know are going to happen in this area! 

Ofa Lahi Atu! <3 Hope you all have a fantastic week!
Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment