Monday, December 5, 2016

Mission Tour

This week we had mission tour with President Hallack which was absolutely wonderful! He talked a lot about keeping our goals for baptism in view. The talks by him and his wife as well as our mission president and his wife was so wonderful! We also got to have MLC with them on Saturday which was wonderful. 

We went to Atata on Thursday and it was SO hot!! I was literally gonna die, I felt like I couldn't even breathe...and the saddest thing about it was that we went with a few bottles of water but the people there had no water so we kept one and gave them the other two. They got one of the boys to climb the coconut tree to bring me and my companion a coconut to drink. I love coconuts! Luckily, that evening when the boat came to pick us up they brought some water with them for the people. 

We have an investigator in Atata named Alisi she's about 80 years old but is still in pretty good health. We taught her this past week and it was such a powerful lesson. She shared with us how badly she wants to see her husband again and talked about how much he loved her. I put my hands on hers and told her that she can see her husband again. We shared with her the Plan of Salvation and a little bit about the temple. We told her that her husband is learning these same things where he is at right now. She told me she would do anything to be able to see and live with him again...she asked me what she needed to do to be able to go to the temple. We told her to first, pray about our message, attend church on Sunday, and work/prepare to be baptized on the 24th of December. She told us that she will do her best to do those things. My heart was full of so much love for her! I learned 2 main things from that lesson: 1. How beautiful the knowledge we have that we can live with our families forever! 2. Future relationship goals...haha

I love this work!!! I'm so excited for Christmas even though it feels very different here...we bought a little stand of Christmas lights to put in our MQ this morning so now it feels a little more like Christmas in our house. I'm SO grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. I've felt closer to Him this year than I ever have in my entire life. I'm so thankful for His sacrifice and love and I know He will NEVER leave us alone. I'm so blessed to have His example to follow. I know He lives. What JOY that sweet sentence give. 

OFA LAHI ATU,
Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment