Monday, October 3, 2016

Hello Longolongo

Sooo the big news...I'm MOVING from Veitongo/Ha'ateiho to Longolongo which I've heard is one of the biggest, if not the biggest area in the mission. My daughter (Sister Aluesi) moved this past Thursday to Halaleva to be follow-up trained by my old companion Sister Malu! It was hard saying goodbye...I think I felt a tiny bit of what a parent feels when a child leaves home. My other companion (Sister Fullmer) is moving too. I will be training again! So that means I'll be white washing the area...a little nervous about that, but I'm excited. I'll get my new companion on Wednesday.
 
Sister Wunderlich (my other old companion) finished on Friday and had to wait a couple days for her parents to get here and she got to stay with us which was SO fun! I miss her and her beautiful voice.

Sitiveni was baptized on Saturday and it was SO wonderful! It actually started out as a struggle...our church water wasn't running, and neither was any other church's water around our area so we asked President if we could do it at the beach in our area and he said that'd it'd be fine. Seriously, the most BEAUTIFUL baptism. He carries his Book of Mormon everywhere with the pamphlets of the lessons inside. His testimony that he shared at the baptism was simple but powerful. I love this work.

We got the opportunity to watch General Women's Conference this past Saturday and I loved it! I especially loved President Uchtdorf's talk (fourth floor, last door). I'm more than excited to watch Conference this weekend!! I know it's going to be so uplifting and powerful. How grateful I am for a living prophet on the Earth today.

I've been thinking a lot about patience recently...it's made the hugest difference! How many times in our lives do we need to be patient with either God, others, or ourselves? And patience isn't just enduring something but it's using our agency to make the best out of our situation and choose happiness. I love chp. 6 in PMG and what it teaches about patience. I encourage you all to read it and listen again to the talk about Patience by President Uchtdorf. Patience and Faith are connected so tightly. As we increase our Faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, I believe we will become more patient people.

Hope you've been uplifted this weekend listening to General Conference! Love you all soo much. 

Ofa Lahi Atu!
Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment