Monday, February 1, 2016

Oku ou kamata ke sino (I am starting to get fat)

In Tonga it's totally normal to talk about people's weight. I think I've been told over 4 times this week that I'm starting to look fat. hahaha I don't think I've gained too much weight but I think my face is getting a little wider haha. It's so funny, they say that I don't eat enough and I need to get fat! But luckily since I'm a girl from America they don't push too hard when I say I'm full..but I eat enough for them not to be offended. It's hilarious! 

There's this saying on the Ward Mission Leaders wall that I love! It says:

I'm too Blessed to be Stressed,
too Anointed to be Disappointed.

I refuse to be discouraged, 
to be sad or cry.
I refuse to be downhearted
and here's the reason why:

I have a God who is almighty,
who is sovereign and supreme. 
I have a God who loves me 
and I am on His team.
I refuse to be defeated!
My eyes are on my God!
He has promised to be with me 
as through this life I trod.

I love this so much. God is with us always and we have every reason in the world to rejoice because of that! Don't let Satan get you down.

This week we're going to Tongatapu again for MLC and I'm super excited! I'll let you know how it goes. Love you all so much!

Sister Reid

Question for the week: I feel my church is right and it has blessed my life, why would God tell me now to change the church I go to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment