Monday, August 15, 2016

100 Years of Misiona Tonga


Just a few quick highlights of what happened this week:
Monday: The sisters from Eua came to stay with us for the week.
Tuesday: We went to the King's Palace (sat outside) and Shumway (palangi-he's famous to the people here because of how good his Tongan is) was able to give a speech and I got a picture with him :)
Wednesday: We had MLC. They changed it so that just one of us is Sister Training in a companionship so Sister Mo'unga (from Eua) and I went together. We went to the temple before and it was so amazing. We talked about teaching repentance and I've thought a lot about Alma 5. I love the questions it asks. 
Thursday: We went to Liahona because there was a huge feast and all the kaingalotu and less actives and investigators were all able to go! TOO MUCH FOOD! The Royal Family came as well. 
Sunday: Ha'ateiho stake had their stake conference (one of our wards is in one stake, and the other two are in another). A member from the 70 came and spoke to us. Afterwards we got to join him in eating a big feast. He asked me a lot about the uniform and was wondering if I really had to wear it and the braids haha. It was cool talking to him.  
We had a fireside that night for all the members to close off the celebration and we were so happy 'cause one of our tough investigators came!!
This week has been so full of events and excitement. I love this work. My testimony has been strengthened this week and I'm so grateful for the things I've experienced. 

Ofa Lahi Atu!
Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment