Tuesday, May 31, 2016

'E 'Otua ko e Tapuha (How Great Thou Art)

This week we watched the addiction recovery videos (there are 12 short videos for each of the steps) with one of the less actives we're working with, who just recently overcame his smoking addiction. Those videos are AMAZING. So so inspiring. I invite you all to watch them. We all have weaknesses, things we need to overcome, and through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can overcome our shortcomings. Encourage you all to watch them :)

We had our Musical Fireside this past Wednesday. Sister Betteridge and I sang "How Great Thou Art" in Tongan/English, four of the young men sang a song, a member family sang, and then some of the primary kids sang "I love to see the Temple" in English/Tongan. It was so beautiful! All the songs were alternated with short talks by recent converts...one of which was Kepueli (our recent convert that got baptized in March). Earlier that day, Sister Betteridge and I went and invited his mom to the fireside and although she had mata kovi we were so happy when she showed up! It was REALLY hard for her when Kepueli and Malia got baptized because her whole family is Catholic..so we were happy she came. Kepueli shared his conversion story and about how hard it was when he got baptized cause a lot of his family hated him, a lot of kids at school were rude, and even his parents. Tears ran down his cheeks as he shared his testimony. I was a little nervous about what his mom was thinking...but the whole program was really spiritual. A few days later we were walking on the street and his mom stopped us and thanked us for the beautiful program and for how spiritual Kepueli's talk was. We're hoping she'll be open to listening to us soon :) 

So I'm pretty sure I'm staying...most of the transfers were done last night. But there is a possibility that something could change the next couple days...

I hit my 9 months this week! The mission has gone by sooooo fast! But I'm feeling at home here in Tonga. I love this place. It would be nice to have a bit of a variety in food...but it's wonderful.

Have a great week!
Ofa Lahi Atu!
Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment