Monday, November 30, 2015

Let the Little Ones Come Unto Me

"...and becometh a Saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father" (Mosiah 3:19).

I've felt the reality and importance of this scripture in such a tangible way this week. It's been a turning point for me. A mission has made me vulnerable in ways I couldn't quite anticipate and in some aspects I've resisted it. There have been times it has been hard to completely let go of things I feel comfortable with and totally rely on God--trusting in His great power and goodness. 
I had certain expectations for my mission, certain challenges I anticipated, and goals I'd set of what I want to happen. But I'm realizing that some of those things have been overshadowing all that God wants my mission to be. He knows me better than I know myself. It's difficult when good desires are different from God's will and timing...But that's the beauty of submitting to God and watching him make more of me than I can make of myself. The experiences I am having and will have are so perfectly crafted for me to learn and grow if I trust God and do my best. Submitting my will and everything to God has made all the difference...I thought I had "submitted my will to God" when I came on my mission. I was ready to give it all to the Lord. But I've realized this week it's an everyday, every hour, every minute thing and it's only when I trust Him, let go of pride, and lean on my Savior that His grace can work in me.
D. Todd Christofferson (2002) said, "Surely we will not be one with God and Christ until we make submitting to their will our greatest desire."

I am also grateful for such sweet examples of the attributes listed in the scripture above. The children here are straight tender mercies from the Lord. I've been able to talk to them a lot more this week and my language is improving! There is one family of Wesleyan children that follow us everywhere we go and so I try to talk to them. There dad thinks it's hilarious that they follow us everywhere but their mom doesn't like the church so we can't really teach them.
The member kids are also adorable! They always play at the church and sometimes when appointments fall through or when literally almost everyone has left to go to Uta ("the bush") we go there and role play with them. And they are so sweet to come and be investigators! Children have such a special spirit. They crack me up!! 

We have 3 investigators that will be getting baptized this Saturday if all goes as planned. One of our investigators (16 year old boy named Sione) is trying to overcome his smoking addiction so we're praying for him to stay strong so he can be ready!

This week has been good. We've also had great fafangas. One more wealthy family bought this HUGE crab (like $100) for us to eat. TOO nice. But it was delicious. 

Hope you're all doing well!! You're in my prayers.
Sister Reid

Challenge for this week: Listen to conference talks while getting ready in the morning! It's a good way to multi-task, start your day off right, and to remind you of what was taught in the past conference! 

No comments:

Post a Comment