Saturday, September 12, 2015

Falala - Trust

Malo e lelei! 

Time is flashing before my eyes!! We leave 3 weeks from Sunday and it feels like I just got here! But I'm loving every second.

On Sunday, Two of the Elders from the Fijian district, Sister Hosea, and I sang "We'll Bring the World His Truth" in Sacrament Meeting. It was amazing. Sister Hosea has THE most incredible voice and she had us sing a little bit of a different arrangement...some Polynesian arrangement...SO beautiful!

A Little Bit About Everyday Life at the MTC:

GYM: Mondays and Wednesdays we do a little workout (squats, crunches, push-ups, calf raises, etc.) and on Tuesdays and Thursdays we go to the gym and play volleyball and run. It feels so good to move after sitting in the classroom all day!

CAFETERIA FOOD: I eat a bagel and fruit every breakfast, a salad or wrap for Lunch, and either another salad or the main course for Dinner. I can't eat the main course too much cause it feels like there's a brick in my stomach for the next day. But they have delicious salads so I'm happy about that!! 

CLASSROOM: Personal Study/Companion Study/Personal Language Study (all focused on preparing to teach our investigator later that day). When our teacher is there, we work on sentence structures, some vocab, and then we teach our investigators. Learning the language is a struggle but I am seeing fakalakalaka (progress) everyday! 

Sister Medina and I got called to be the Online Coordinators for our Zone. On Thursday, forty new missionaries came into our Zone (which is a ton!!) and so we trained them all on how to use the internet properly, what training and language tools they can access, how to write the Branch President, and what sites are appropriate (AKA don't get on social media, etc...) there's been a big problem with that at the MTC. We're going to re-train everyone the beginning of next week. 

Throughout my mission, I have a goal to work on a Christ-like attributes each month (18 months=9 attributes...go through each of them twice). Thank you Anna Nielsen for the idea! This month is FAITH. I've loved reading about Faith. My favorite resource on any simple truth of the gospel is the Bible Dictionary! Everyone needs to go read Faith in the B.D.!!

We just got three new international sisters this week from Fiji, Papua New Guinea, and New Zealand. They are WONDERFUL and have strengthened my testimony so much! A couple nights ago, after Zone prayer, I was talking with Sister Wamura (the Sister from Papua New Guinea). I asked her how she liked the MTC. She started telling me how grateful she is to be on a mission but how hard it has been. Her eyes filled with tears as she went on to tell me how she worried if her family had anything to eat and if her siblings were able to sleep at night. She said that she helped provide for her family and wishes that she could keep helping them. She made $7- $9 each week (and she was diligent in paying her tithing even though people told her she needed to save money for mission clothes...her suitcase was full of clothes and shoes when she left for her mission). Then she looked at me in the eye and said, "But I know that because I'm here serving a mission the Lord is taking care of them." What a great example of tui and falala (faith and trust). She then shared her testimony about how she knows this church is true. It made me cry. She said that she doesn't care if she has money or clothes but as long as she has the gospel she's happy. Her Spirit is so strong. She told me about her experience of praying to know if the First Vision really happened and how she knows that it did. 
Yesterday, she got sick and had to go back to her room. She was supposed to go through the temple this morning (they don't have a temple where she's from) so we went to check on her to see if she was going to be able to go. When we asked her if she wanted to rest and wait till next Friday, her eyes filled with tears and said, "I want to go to the temple tomorrow. I know Satan is trying to keep me from going and I'm going to go." This morning she went through the temple and it was such a beautiful experience to be there with her and the Spirit was so strong!

I am so grateful for such incredible examples of Faith and Love! I am so blessed to be apart of this work and have the opportunity to share such precious truths with our Brothers and Sisters!!

Ofa Lahi Atu!!

Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment