Sunday, September 6, 2015

Everyday is a Good Day

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life" (3 Nephi 5:13).

I am finding more and more each day what my call as a missionary really is. President Willes shared that scripture with us and it reminds me everyday, along with putting on my name tag, who I represent. I am so blessed to be a missionary. President Willes is an amazing man and I feel so much love from him every time I talk to him. He told us we can choose to feel that "Everyday is a Good Day" and it's so true. Our attitude makes such a difference. I found out this week that he is President Hinckley's nephew...and he looks just like him!! His wife said he looks more like President Hinckley than President Hinckley's own sons do. 

Language: Learning the Tongan language is a lot of fun...but SO hard. I learn a lot every single day. There are days when I feel like I am really progressing but other days I feel I have hit a large bump in the road and it takes a while to get over it and continue progressing. This past week we taught our investigator (our teacher Brother Maikolo) in Tongan but we could use notes...tomorrow night begins teaching in Tongan but with no notes. I am a little bit terrified but it'll be good for me! I memorized the baptismal invitation this week and we have studied a couple sentence structures so we're going to use that!  

My teachers (Brother Fisa (Fisher) and Maikolo (Michael)) are so wonderful and I learn so much from them everyday! They are so patient with us. The Elders in our district can't sit still for longer than 2 seconds but Sister Medina help them stay on task ;)They are all the oldest child in their families so they tell us we're the older sisters they never had. I will admit, it can be a little rough sitting in the same little room for hours each day. The people at the MTC are my best friends. I love everyone here. 

GUESS WHAT?! Elder Dallin H. Oaks came and spoke at the devotional on Tuesday and it was so wonderful! It was broadcast to all the other MTC's. I sang in the choir and afterwards everyone told me that they zoomed up on my face haha. The meeting was so wonderful. A couple things I liked: --He talked about the importance of always having the Spirit with us. We must always be worthy of it and that's why taking the sacrament each week is so important. 
Almost all sins can be forgiven and that offers reason for the hope that is within us
When teaching or talking to others...Don't Assume too Much...We must Ask Questions!

In our meeting with President Willes this week he had us study D&C 88: 118-125. Thoughts we discussed from a couple of the verses:
(vs. 119) - replace the word "house" with another word (for example, we replaced it with "district")
(vs. 121) - "lustful desires" - what are we having a hard time letting go of for our missions (tv, phone, music, etc) he had us write it on a piece of paper and we ripped up the paper and put it in the garbage.
(vs. 125) - mantle = like a cloak, charity = pure love of Christ, we are trying to be like him, Be Charity...let it be in your very nature.

Thanks for all the love and support...I really am SO blessed to know so many incredible people!

'Ofa Atu!
Sister Reid 

No comments:

Post a Comment