Monday, January 11, 2016

The Spirit--the Real Teacher

First off, I GOT MY CHRISTMAS PACKAGE. Better late than never :) Wow you went way beyond anything I expected. It felt like Christmas with all the Christmas wrapping and stuff...so cute!! We picked it up from the office and we were staying with a couple of sisters (Sister Pinnock and Sister Tu'itivake) so I opened it and we all shared some goodies. And the rest made it home safely to 'Eua. MALO AUPITO!!!!! (thank you very much!)

Mission Leadership Conference was wonderful!! I learned so much. Felt a little inadequate being there but SO grateful! We did role play in groups from a principle from lesson 4 using only inspired questions. Sister Vaa'i started and then turned to me and at first I didn't know what to say. And then questions began to come into my mind and I felt the Spirit so strong. Afterwards, Sister Vaa'i told me that some of the questions I'd asked had come into her mind at the same time..it was pretty cool.

I got to go to the temple and it was so amazing since it was all in Tongan! I understood a lot and it felt like home :)

We went on vilo hoa with Sister Bever and Sister Emch and it was wonderful. They are both pretty new but such hard working missionaries! I went with Sister Emch...she's been out for 6 months and both of us struggle a little with the language but we ended up teaching 7 lessons and they all went well! One lesson was with a less active lady we just found and the whole lesson was completely led by the Spirit. We'd never taught together before and hadn't even talked about teaching this lesson, but the transitions were smooth and the woman opened up and shared about her desire to come back to church and about her challenge with smoking. It's amazing what the Spirit can do when we rely on Him.

A couple of random things:
-People walk around with umbrellas or shirts over their head because they don't want to become darker from the sun
-When you leave someone's house or walk by they call out "Sister Reid , eh?" And you reply with "Yo!" At first I felt like some sort of gangster but now it's just normal haha
-There are a lot of Tongans who are members that cover their walls with the pages from Church magazines.
-Also, I've eaten Horse and Octopus!

Hope you're all doing well!! Stay strong in the face of adversity and know that God is always one your side and he will never leave you alone!

OFA LAHI ATU KIATE KIMOUTOLU <3
Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment